Warminster Soccer Club Safety Expectations & Requirements
The rules and requirements that follow are effective immediately and applicable to all WSC members as well as those visiting our facilities for games, scrimmages, or training:
- In accordance with the Universal Mask Order issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Health on November 17th, 2020, all participants, including coaches, athletes, and spectators must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an approved exception in Section 3 of the Order. Face coverings will be required if an individual cannot maintain sustained 6-foot physical distance from persons outside of their household. This includes while actively engaged in practice, warm-ups, games, on the sidelines, etc. A detailed FAQ around the Universal Mask Order can be found on the PA DOH Website.
- No player, coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer can attend practice if they are feeling sick. No exception. Temperature self-checks should be done prior to each practice or game. Participants should have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days and no known exposure before sending him or her to training. When in doubt, stay home.
- If a player, coach, trainer, or other approved team volunteer receives a positive COVID-19 test, the individual and/or team representative must immediately notify a member of the WSC Board of Directors to assist in contact tracing, quarantine timing, and return to team approval.
o If the individual has symptoms, they are required to self-isolate until both the following conditions are met: (1) It has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND (2) they have been fever-free for 24 hrs. (without use of fever-reducing medications) and any respiratory symptoms have improved.
o If the individual does not develop symptoms, they are required to self-isolate until it has been at least 10 days since the day the test specimen was collected.
- If a player, coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer has a known exposure to a confirmed positive case, the individual and/or team representative must immediately notify a member of the WSC Board of Directors to assist in contact tracing, quarantine timing, and return to team approval. The exposed individual must quarantine for 14 days from the last time they had contact with the positive case; however, for individuals who do not develop symptoms, quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing or after Day 7 if a specimen collected on or after Day 5 tests negative on a diagnostic test (i.e.., PCR, antigen).
- More information on PA DOH Self Isolation requirements can be found by clicking HERE.
- Keep accurate records of those participants and approved volunteers who attend each practice or game in case contact tracing is needed.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained at all times, where feasible.
o Coaches should mark off space using cones or other suitable place markers to create individual areas for each participant and their equipment that is at least six feet from the next participants’ space. No participants or their equipment should be sitting together in a group.
o Social distancing should be maintained on the sidelines for all games - team benches or bleachers are prohibited as they do not allow for proper social distancing.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Make sure to emphasize to all participants the importance of washing hands or using hand sanitizer before, during, and after competitions or practices.
- Each coach is required to carry a medical kit or bag equipped with gloves, extra face covering, sanitizer and facial tissues. Only one coach may attend to an injured player during which they must wear facial covering and gloves.
- No unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- Only coaches may touch or move equipment.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment after training.
- No shared scrimmage vests or pinnies allowed. No sharing of pinnies, equipment, or clothing.
- All water or related liquid brought by team participants must be labeled to reduce risk of accidental shared use.
- No spitting.
- Remember that parents determine their child’s participation – if they are not comfortable returning to play under these requirements, they should be allowed to return when comfortable without repercussions.
- Please allow for the team before you to exit the field prior to you entering, social distancing needs to continue to be maintained as teams transition within the facility and parking lot.
For Games & Scrimmages (beyond that which is required and described above):
- Participants/Players and approved Coaches will be on the same sideline as their teams spectators.
- Allow teams and supporters at previous games to leave the venue or field of play prior to entering.
- All coaches, participants/players and spectators must wear face covering at all times, including during warm-ups, game play and on the sidelines unless they fall under an approved exception in Section 3 of the Order.
- Coaches and participants should maintain social distancing during half-time, water breaks and at all times when off the field of play.
- We recommend no more than two (2) parent/supporters per player attend each game. It is strongly recommended that anyone over the age of 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions do not attend.
- No post game shaking hands.